I have multiple options for my grandmother, Lindalva Ferreira da Silva (Lima)’s birthday.
- She told my mother (her daughter) and thoughout her life celebrated on 7 Oct stating the birth year was 1934 and that she was married at 16 years old.
- She was married on 30 Sep 1950 and I have her marriage record. The priest lists her age as 17 years old, which would mean her birthdate was between 30 Sep 1932 – 30 Sep 1933.
- Her Death Certificate from 6 Jun 1999 states her age at death as 64 which places her birthday from 7 Jun 1937 – 7 Jun 1938. This would, however, make her 12-13 years old when she married, which I find very unlikely. I don’t know who the informant on the death certificate is and what his relation is to Lindalva. He may not have known her age accurately.
- Complete my search of the 1937-38 records for all the parishes.
- Ask my brother, or another set of eyes, to search all the same records. Maybe I just missed her? There is no index. 🙁
- There are no civil records digitized or on microfilm for births after 1931.
- Maybe an aunt could go to the registrars office in Joao Pessoa and find a birth certificate. Or maybe they already have a copy?